Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Words from Joel O. 4-27-09

Joel: As a young man growing up, I loved to play baseball. And like any child that ever put on a uniform, I dreamed one day of making it to “the big leagues.” In the world of baseball, there’s nothing bigger than Yankee Stadium, and on Saturday night, I stood at second base in front of a packed crowd.
But instead of a baseball glove in my hand, I had the Word of God. A dream had come true – and it was better than I could have possibly imagined.
Our historic night of hope from Yankee stadium was the first non-baseball event ever held at the world-famous ballpark, and it was also our first open air stadium event as a ministry. It was a night Victoria and I will never forget.
My prayer is that the tens of thousands in attendance and the millions more watching on television will always remember – God is good!

**When it feels like your dreams will never come true, when the challenges, pain and pressures in life become overwhelming, you’ll be tempted to forget that God is good. His Word reminds us that His faithfulness and His love endure forever.
God’s goodness is stronger and mightier than anything you’ll face in life. If you’ll keep holding on to your dreams and thanking God for His goodness, He’ll make your dreams come true. And it’ll be better than you could ever have imagined.


**I cant tell you how I read, and re read things like this. I try and draw hope and positive out of whatever I can to lift my spirits. Whatever happens to me, I know God is Good. I fully believe that I will serve whatever purposes he has for me, and thats all I have to hold on to... R