Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Plastic Surgeon Visit

I had my visit yesterday with the plastic surgeon. It did not go well for me. I come away from the visit not liking this doctor, and I am going to relay those feelings to the breast surgeon tomorrow when I see her. I have a feeling she wants to schedule my surgery. I was told I would not be reconstructed at the same time they remove the left breast and armpit. There are so many variables that they don't know if it will actually be a bad time to do the reconstruction. For example, if they decide to radiate that area, they would have to remove the implant and I would start all over. It would be a step backwards. There is an issue with the chemo to affecting it. I don't know and I am so confused right now. I know I need this thing out of me, but they are going to remove pieces of me and I don't know how to feel about that. I can get reconstruction at a later time. It is a long process to reconstruct. It takes a year of expanding and adjusting and I would have to commit to a year of appointments on top of all my other appointments. Its best if I wait...
I am devastated, I am OK with it, I have been crying ever since I left there. I know it has to be done. Its more difficult than you could imagine. More later.. I cant do this right now......